Thank you to Jo at Jo’s Book Blog for nominating me for The Liebster Award!
The rules for this award are as follows:
- Post the award on your blog
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the questions assigned to you
- Give 10 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 10 deserving bloggers for the award
- Ask 10 questions of your nominees
The questions assigned to me were:
- What are you currently reading? – I am reading Joe Hill’s latest novel, The Firemen.
- Starter and main, or main and dessert? – Would have to be main and dessert, I have a sweet tooth!
- What was your favourite subject at school? – I most enjoyed English Literature as I loved discovering and writing about books.
- What was the last album you bought? – I don’t buy many albums these days but I have pre-ordered Ellipsis, the forthcoming album from Biffy Clyro who I love!
- What is your favourite film/TV adaptation of a novel? – As a huge Harry Potter fan I would have to say the Harry Potter series. I loved watching Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone to see the wizarding world brought to life on screen for the first time.
- If you could choose a superhero power, what would it be? – The ability to fly would be amazing, but if there was a superpower where you could turn back or pause time that would be the best – would certainly help with the TBR!
- What book to be published in the second half of 2016 are you most looking forward to? – I am really looking forward to reading To the Bright Edge of the World by Eowyn Ivey. I loved her first novel The Snow Child so have high hopes for this one.
- Beach holiday or city break? – I prefer going on a city break, I love exploring new cities.
- Hobbies, other than reading? – I am an ice hockey fan so that takes up a lot of my time from September through to April.
- What was the last book you bought? – I bought two new books yesterday which I am very excited about – The Muse by Jessie Burton and Smoke by Dan Vyleta.
Here are 10 random facts about me:
- As mentioned above I am an ice hockey fan supporting both Nottingham Panthers and Great Britain and I have attended hockey games in nine different countries.
- My favourite food is pizza despite refusing to eat it as a child.
- One of my favourite films is Hot Fuzz which I can practically recite word for word and I once got starstruck meeting one of its stars, Nick Frost.
- I am unbeaten at Scrabble.
- I love birds of prey and once considered taking a course to become a falconer.
- The three top countries on my list of places I would love to visit are Iceland, Canada and the USA.
- My most eventful day spent during a holiday included spotting dolphins in the wild before being pushed down a hill in a wicker basket (an actual tourist activity in Madeira!)
- My favourite colour is purple
- I once finished runner-up in a ladies mini golf competition.
- I work in finance and have an accounting qualification, but my dream would be to work in publishing.
The bloggers I wish to nominate are:
Emma at damppebbles
Clair at havebookswillread
Wendy at littlebooknesslane
Steph at stephsbookblog
Joanne at portobellobookblog
Jo at mychesnutreadingtree
Drew at thetattooedbookgeek
Hayley at rathertoofondofbooks
Sarah at bytheletterbookreviews
Janet at fromfirstpagetolast
My questions for you are:
- How long have you been blogging for?
- What was the last book you read?
- If you could choose one book to be adapted into a film, what would it be?
- What has been your favourite book of the year so far? (Or books if you can’t choose one!)
- What is your favourite city/holiday destination?
- Do you have a favourite sport?
- What is your favourite film/television series?
- How do you like to spend your spare time?
- What author(s) would you most like to meet?
- What book is up next on your TBR?