I was so happy to see that I had been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by Susana from A Bag Full Of Stories! It’s so lovely to be recognised by a fellow blogger so thank you very much to Susana for picking me for this award, I really appreciate the support!
Here are the rules for this award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog;
- Write a post to show your award;
- Give a brief story of how your blog started;
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers;
- Select other bloggers you want to give this award to;
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide a link to the post you have created
How my blog started:
I have always enjoyed reading but didn’t always have someone to speak to about the books I had read and loved. So in August 2015 I decided to set up the owl on the bookshelf (named after the wooden owl that lives on my bookshelf!) to share my book reviews and other bookish thoughts. I have always been quite shy so for me writing my thoughts in a blog meant that I could share my views and interact with people who love books as much as me.
Advice to new bloggers:
- Remember to treat blogging as a hobby, not a job – It is very easy as a blogger to occasionally feel a little overwhelmed. With so many books to enjoy and opportunities to review proof copies and take part in blog tours it can sometimes feel like you have a lot of catching up to do. But if you feel stressed, or like you have work to do, take a step back. Treat reading and blogging as a hobby, and if you have a lot to do take a break and don’t be afraid to turn down books if you don’t feel you have the time to read them.
- Interact with fellow bloggers – Social media is a great way to discover other bloggers reviews and posts and is a great place to talk about books and provide support for one and other. During my time as a blogger, I have often felt a bit anxious about my posts as it can be quite daunting putting something you have written out into the public domain, but the blogging community have been incredibly supportive and encouraging.
The bloggers I would like to nominate are:
There are so many wonderful bloggers out there; here are just a few of them:
Jo at Jo’s Book Blog
Jackie at Never Imitate
Joanne at Portobello Book Blog
Emma at Damp Pebbles
Kate at The Quiet Knitter
Wendy at Little Bookness Lane
Steph at Steph’s Book Blog
Drew at The Tattooed Book Geek
Dave at Espresso Coco
John at The Last Word Book Review
If you haven’t done so already, be sure to check out these great blogs!